What is it?
- A soft diet means eating foods that are soft and easy for you to chew or to swallow. Eating soft foods may help if you have problems chewing or swallowing.
- Banana’s, Applesauce, and other soft non-acidic fruits
- Peach, Pear, and Apricot Nectars
- Cottage Cheese
- Mashed Potatoes
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Oatmeal or other cooked cereals
- Soups (not spicy)
- Pureed or mashed vegetables
- Pureed Meats
- Nutritional supplemental meals (ensure, carnation instant breakfast, etc.)
Ravi Mallavarapu, M.D.,Srinivas Kalala, M.D., Ana Alardin, M.D., Barbara Burkle, ARNP, Tracy Elliott, ARNP